Loading

Travelling

Nowadays is travelling very important for us. We travel to overcome the long distances. We can´t imagine our lives without travelling, because we live in modern world. We live in world which advances very fast. It was different in the past. People didn´t have so many possibilities as we have now. They used to travel on foot or by sea. This kind of overcoming the long distances usually take a lot of time. So people started to discover the new faster ways of travelling - bicycles, cars, airplanes and nowadays the rockets.

Travelling is a part of our everyday lives. It doesn´t matter if we want to overcome short or long distances. Every day we travel to work, children go to school regularly. We can travel by bus, by car; we have a lot of possibilities.

Many people like travelling because it is a good way to learn about life. They want to recognize the others ways of living in foreign lands, other cultures, traditions and habits of other nations. Many people prefer staying at the seaside, lying on the beach, while others are interested in local traditions, history and like talking to local people. They try to spend so much time as possible using the foreign language they have learned at home.

People can spend much time by planning their holidays. The type of holiday they choose depends mostly on money. Travel agencies are offering a large scale of holidays. People with lot of money can afford an expensive holiday with all services like expensive accommodation, suitable insurance and comfortable way of travelling mostly by bus or by plane. On the other hand, people with less of money prefer travelling on their own. They stay at camp, prepare meals on their own. 

Travelling is very important part of our lives. We can travel for pleasure, for holiday or just commute to work. We can´t live without overcoming the distances, because we want to be fast and live fast too.

Questions:

1. Which means of transport do you prefer using to get to your holiday destination and why?
I have spent all my holidays with my parents. We always travel with travel agency. So we prefer the services that they can offer to us. We have travelled by bus. It wasn´t very comfortable to spend 15 hours in bus, but it was quite funny. I have never travelled by plane, so I don´t know how it is and I can´t compare this types of travelling.

2. Many cities protect their historical buildings by setting up pedestrian zones where cars are not allowed. What do you think about this idea?
I think it´s a good idea. It protects not only the historical buildings but the people too. People can´t be crashed or injured by car accident. And it protects the environment too.

3. What do you think about cycling trips?
I think it´s a good idea. Especially for people who like spending their time by sport. By these trips they can recognize the land and the history of land from their bicycles.

4. Many people consider riding a motorbike to be very dangerous. What do you think?
I think riding a motorbike is dangerous, but it´s because the people who rides are not enough responsible. They are ridding very fast and they ignore the safety.

5. Many people think that travelling to exotic countries might be very dangerous to their health.
It could be dangerous because there is lot of unknown illnesses. Before you will travel to exotic country you should be vaccinated.

6. Describe how you protect yourself when you go on holiday?
I always pack to my suitcase some medicine. Some headache pills or nose drops. I always use a suntan lotion by sunbathing.

7. Describe how you prepare for your holiday?
I buy the things I will need new soap or shampoo. One day before departure I always pack my suitcase. 

8. What would you do if you missed your flight abroad?
I would book a next plane ticket. Then I would call my family and tell that I arrive later.

9. What do you think about safety precautions before flying?
I think they are very necessary. They can protect people from terrorists.

10. Are you satisfied with the services provided by tourist agencies in Slovakia?
I have been allways satisfied with their services. If I would not ,I will complain of them and they should offer me a compensation.

11. Do you prefer travelling with a travel agency or do you organize holidays yourself?
I prefer travelling with travel agency because they can offer a large scale of services like travel insurance to me. If I would not be satisfied with their services they will return money to me.
 
12. Compare staying in a tent with staying in a cottage.

I think staying in a cottage is more comfortable. You can sleep in a bed, there isn´t so many insects. You can prepare your food in the kitchen. Spending your time in a tent isn´t comfortable because you have to sleep in sleeping- bag direct on the ground. There is lot of insects. Your clothes are damp.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat